Monday, November 28, 2016

Project 2

For this project, we were assigned to used the program, Dynamo, which is an add-in for Revit. The one goal I had for this project was to alter the original checkerboard design that the Shipping and Transport College had and create my own patterns. At first I couldn't use the first panels that I created in Project 1, because of the complexity the panel contained 5 smaller panels. So I had to use a simpler design as shown below. I applied a material parameter that would later be used to distinguish the two types of materials.


After creating this curtain panel family, I applied it to my original mass model.


By using Excel, I was able to create a CSV file for one pattern that would be applied onto the panels. The ones were assigned to one material and the zeroes corresponded to another material.


Then, I opened up Dynamo and applied the CSV file and corresponding elements to create the designs that I made in Excel.


Once I hit run on the Dynamo file, it successfully worked and created the X shape that was created on the original Excel file.


After I successfully attempted one side, I decided to explore and apply the same process onto another side of the model.



Here is the final product with both sides applied with the Dynamo files.










No comments:

Post a Comment